Sunday, November 22, 2015

Black and White Extreme

The photographer is an artist whose paintbrush is the light on his canvas, a light sensitive material that captures the images he or she sees and feels.  Photography is the documentation of our visual senses.   It is about light, shape and time defining what our senses feel and see at a given moment.  When I am out on one of my photo walks I am particularly attracted to the starkness between light and shadow under the harsh light of the mid-day sun.  It is under this light that I find shapes well defined and the shadows they form receding into darkness.  I prefer to present these shapes in black and white rather than in color, which would intrude on the simplicity of this visual experience.  It is the world of stark light and darkness –that I call The Black and White Extreme.











No comments:

Post a Comment