Saturday, November 28, 2015

Arizona Paint


I very rarely use a tripod because for many of the images I compose, the freedom of movement is important to me.  However, the one place I did bring along a tripod was Antelope Canyon, which is approximately 360 miles due north of exit 270.  This is a place where the light streams down from above the narrow irregular cuts in the canyon walls lighting some interesting colors combined with dark shadows.  Here is a place where long exposures and a wide-angle lens are the norm.  While I probably should have used HDR in making the exposures -I hoped that Photoshop would later help in opening up the deeper shadow areas.  I like to think of these images as “Arizona Paint” - because the canyon does feel like someone used a large bristol paintbrush with lots of colored paint.











No comments:

Post a Comment