Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Red What Yah Ma Call It



In my utensil’s draw in the kitchen is a small red long plastic fork (Tupperware), which has always puzzled me.  I have no idea where it came from or for that matter what it is for.  As I have moved from place to place this little red plastic fork has remained with the household items being moved.  It has been with me for more than 30 years and really never used for anything.


So, there it sits in the drawer, the lonely little red fork among the other utensils that are used daily.  I have begun to notice it and for some psychological reason began to feel the loneliness of this little red fork.  It is for this feeling of not knowing what to do with it that I decided to photograph it and give it some reason for existing.  I try to bring it to prominence in my household in a series of images. Therefore, this post is devoted to my little red what yah ma call it.










It is always a challenge to take a simple object and present it to the viewer in different frames.  I can be reached at  nymacc@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment