Monday, April 2, 2018

Still Life Adventures

While one of my joys of photography is simply capturing the events and people I find in the world around me. I do have a fondness for still life photography because of the challenge of creating an image from scratch.  In a way it is like street photography, it is a way of exploring the things you find around you and finding a pleasing way of presenting them in a visual pleasing way.


On those rainy days or just simply when you want to explore another area of the photographic process – try creating still life images.  Where do I get the idea for a still life?  A painting I may have seen in a gallery or magazine image sometimes triggers it.  It is also simply a case of looking at some of the objects I find in my home and being curious about combining them with other objects sometimes unrelated.  It is an exercise in creative exploration using simple window light and composition.  A tripod, some white or black material for a backdrop, homemade reflector and a definite sense of curiosity is all that is needed to begin this adventure in still life photography.











No comments:

Post a Comment