Monday, September 11, 2017

Head Shop Revisited

When I go by myself on a photo walk -I usually have a specific type of image that I am looking for.  You might say I am on a scavenger hunt.




Recently, I decided to revisit an antique mall near by -The Speedway Antique Mall here in Tucson.  The place is quite large and contains a series of mini stalls each over flowing with items that make you feel like your walking though an old black and white movie -except you are in a sort of antique reality.


  
Photographically the problem with antique stores is you can be overwhelmed by the quantity of visual stimulation and this can present a problem.  There are old toys, furniture, glass bottles and assorted posters each seemingly demanding your eye.  Rather than find myself sorting through a group of images of an assortment of unrelated items -I have begun to focus on a singular subject.  



Now when I visit a place, I have a subject in mind and look for images that fit a theme.  And, that is why I label this antique place "the head shop", because my main photographic focus is on the various mannequins and heads that reside here.




No comments:

Post a Comment