Monday, September 1, 2014

Photo Geometry

“The question is not what you look at, but what you see. ” Henry David Thoreau


Sometimes when I am reviewing images I shot on one of my photo walks –I start to see the possibilities of combing the images to form a single image.  I don’t mean superimposing but blending images side-by-side or top and bottom.  I especially find this happening when I am reviewing architectural images.  I no longer see the buildings –but the black and white geometric forms that seem to blend together from fame to frame.   


The below set of images taken at the University of Arizona where I experiment with choosing various architectural forms and aligning their shapes so that they meet to create a new image that encompasses their symmetrical elements.  Shooting with a super wide-angle lens helps to distort their shapes originally,  and seems to encourage this blending or combining of images because of their intersecting lines. 









   

No comments:

Post a Comment